Family law matters in New Jersey are often complicated and emotional ordeals. Often, those involved in a legal matter just want to move on with their lives once the issue is resolved. When a court makes a decision, the parties involved are legally obligated to abide by the order. Unfortunately, there are times in which an individual fails to follow the court order and may need to be held accountable. If the situation gets to a point where one party continuously fails to abide by the court order, one party may request that the court steps in and enforces the order.

Some of the orders that frequently require an individual to request that the court enforces one party’s obligations include those for alimony, child support, child custody, child visitation, among others. Violating a court order is a very serious matter that should not be taken lightly. When an individual needs the assistance of the court, they can request intervention through an Order for Enforcing Litigant’s Rights. It is important to be aware that before the court will intervene, they will want to see that the individual requesting help has tried to resolve the matter on their own instead of immediately running to the court for help. If the court enforces an order but the individual continues to willfully ignore it, they can be held in contempt of court.

If you have questions about enforcing a court order, contact our firm today.

If you require strong legal representation for matters of divorce and family law in New Jersey, contact The Law Offices of Paone, Zaleski & Murphy to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys today.