× close search
black family moving to new house

Monmouth County Relocation Attorneys

One of the most serious matters seen in family court is the relocation of a child. In some cases, a custodial parent may seek to move a child outside of the state of New Jersey. In other cases, the custodial parent may seek to relocate with the child within the state of New Jersey but far away from the original marital home. For a noncustodial parent, the idea that he or she may spend less time with their child can be devastating. Conversely, there can be important reasons for the custodial parent’s need to relocate with the child. If you’re looking to relocate with your child, speak with our seasoned Monmouth County relocation attorneys today.

Relocation Attorneys in Monmouth County, NJ

In most cases, the custodial parent cannot relocate with a child without obtaining the consent of the noncustodial parent or the approval of the court. Recently, The New Jersey Supreme Court changed the standard for removal, making it more difficult for custodial parents to relocate with a child without the consent of the noncustodial parent. Regardless of whether you are a custodial or noncustodial parent, it is important that you have the representation of an experienced attorney to fight on your behalf. Contact Paone Zaleski & Murphy today to discuss your case.

Unlawful Removal of a Child from the United States

Unfortunately, we often see situations where one parent has unlawfully removed a child from the country. When a parent removes a child from the United States, it becomes an international matter that is usually governed by the laws of The Hague Convention. These cases are complex and heart-wrenching. Our firm has handled contested Hague Convention matters involving the removal of children from the United States.

Contact a Monmouth County relocation attorney

Paone Zaleski & Murphy has over 30 years of experience helping clients with relocation matters. Our attorneys know how emotional it can be for a parent to face a reality where they may not see their child for extended periods of time. In other cases, custodial parents need help proving to the court that a move is truly best for the child. We are ready to fight for your rights as a parent, no matter your position in the case. Contact Paone Zaleski & Murphy to schedule a consultation about a relocation matter today.

Latest Divorce & Family Blogs
Sole Custody vs. Joint Custody
When parents in New Jersey are faced with a divorce, they will also have to address the deeply emotional matter of child custody. Often,…
Website Designed & Managed by