In New Jersey, a Final Judgment is considered legally binding in the eyes of the court. When a judge issues an order for a matter of divorce or family law, the parties involved are required to follow the provisions of that ruling. Of course, these judgments are made based on the parties’ current circumstances and can’t take into consideration any unforeseen changes that may happen months or years down the road. When circumstances do change significantly, the parties may want to request that the court modifies the order to better suit the new situation. Modifications are often made for matters of child support, spousal support, child visitation, child custody, among many others.

If an individual wishes to request a court order modification, they will have to prove to the court that this change is necessary. For example, if a parent wishes to relocate with a child, they may have to not only request permission to relocate but they may also have to modify the custody arrangement to better suit the new living situation. Some of the other reasons that an individual may want to request a court order modification include:

  • Increase or decrease in income
  • Loss of employment
  • Illness of a parent
  • Change of custody

If you have questions about modifying a court order in New Jersey, contact our firm today.

If you require strong legal representation for matters of divorce and family law in New Jersey, contact The Law Offices of Paone, Zaleski & Murphy to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys today.